How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in Rudner Law; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted.
If you have the required background, please reply with a cover letter and résumé to Mary Kadric, Office Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Litigation Legal Assistant/Billing Clerk
Rudner Law is an award-winning Employment Law firm providing strategic advice to employers and employees regarding all aspects of the employment relationship, including representation before courts, mediators and tribunals. We are seeking a Litigation Legal Assistant/Billing Clerk to become a part of our virtual team!
Legal Assistant Responsibilities
- preparation of legal proceedings (simple pleadings, Motions, Exhibits, Affidavits, Bill of Costs, etc.)
- drafting various correspondence, notices, memos, etc.
- court filing and service
- maintaining and organizing client contacts, files and updating lawyers’ calendars
- scheduling and preparation for mediations, examinations, pre-trials, and trials
- managing administrative tasks, billings, scheduling of appointments and coordinating meetings etc.
- other duties and tasks as assigned
Billing/Accounts Payable Responsibilities: 24-40 hours/month
- reviewing all lawyers’ dockets for accuracy, spelling, consistency, etc.
- generating electronic copies of draft invoices (“pre-bills”) in Clio and circulating them for lawyers’ review
- editing pre-bills in Clio per lawyers’ comments
- adherence to pre-bill notes and counsel guidelines (where applicable)
- disbursement of outside counsel accounts and other expenses to client invoices
- sending monthly invoices by email (via Clio)
- coordinating with the Managing Partner to solve any billing issues
- coordinating with the Bookkeeper
- collections, regular review of A/R
- assisting with record keeping and other LSO obligations
- Accounts Payable
- other billing and AP-related duties and tasks as assigned
- Legal Assistant or Law Clerk Diploma from a recognized school
- Minimum of 3 years of litigation experience with at least 2 years of billing experience
- Employment law experience is an asset
- As this is a remote role, you must have dedicated office space and secure, reliable internet connection
- Proficient with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc)
- Experience with Clio Manage is a must
- Solid knowledge of basic accounting principles and math skills