HRPA 2019 Annual Conference & Trade Show
What Do You Need to Know? Ask a Leading Employment Lawyer and a Senior HR Practitioner Your Burning Questions
HR professionals are increasingly called upon to deal with issues relating to employment standards, human rights, privacy laws, occupational health & safety and contracts. Get perspective from both a practising employment lawyer and a practising HR professional who will address your employment law concerns using real-life examples, best practices, and case law. Find out how to mitigate your employer’s risk, develop legally enforceable policies, maintain compliance with the requirements of employment legislation and avoid some of the most common mistakes that can cost both your organization and your reputation.
Presented with Dan McGarry.
- Recent changes to employment standards and best practices to create an enforceable employment contract
- Harassment and investigations in the #metoo era
- Marijuana in the workplace
- Statute versus common law requirements surrounding termination
- Addressing lengthy absences, implementing a defensible accommodation program and responding to accommodation requests
- Limiting an employee’s expectation of privacy when using corporate equipment
Visit https://hrpaconference.ca/ to learn more about the full conference.