- This event has passed.
The Essential Program on: Preventing Discrimination, Harassment, Bullying & Violence in the Workplace
November 21, 2023 - November 22, 2023
Expert Guidance, Information & Insight to Make Workplace Safety a Reality in Your Organization
Outstanding speakers will share their expertise so you:
- Understand all relevant legislation
- Identify risks before incidents occur
- Protect transgender targets of discrimination, harassment and violence
- Handle complaints against the C-Suite professionally
- Use the tools and protocols for risk/hazard assessment
- Meet your obligations to employees experiencing domestic violence
- Make sure supervisors and managers fulfill their front line responsibilities for preventing discrimination, harassment, bullying & violence
- Resolve the tension between the duty to accommodate employees with mental illness and the obligation to maintain a safe workplace
- Fulfill complex privacy and confidentiality obligations
- Know when, if ever, it is permissible to breach a confidence?
- Gauge when and if microaggression
Stuart is presenting Complaints Against C-Suite Executives: Conducting a Proper Investigation While Managing Reputational Damage
When an allegation of harassment arises against a leading executive, it can send the company into a tailspin. HR leaders can panic if they are not prepared. Topics include:
- The power dynamic, trust and equity issues
- Developing a “Relationships at Work” policy that is pragmatic and useful
- Written policies around disclosure of relationships
- The need for comprehensive disciplinary procedures laying out steps that should be taken if a C-Suite individual commits an act of misconduct
- Contract provisions to provide employers with tools and rights to allow for investigation
- Is termination always necessary?
- Is termination always appropriate?
- Considerations in recruiting executives who reflect organizational values
- Why witnesses and complainants don’t report
- The need for training for executives