- This event has passed.
The Osgoode Certificate in Human Resources Law for HR Professionals
March 31, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm EDT$4,495
Designed as a deeper learning experience for all professionals, certificates are intensive, practice-based programs taught by faculty with real-world experience.
Do you have a solid understanding of the still-evolving laws governing the employment relationship and its risks for employers? Can you appropriately conduct workplace investigations and implement practical, timely solutions?
Benefit from our distinguished faculty’s expertise and insights in these and other key areas, at this thirteenth edition of the acclaimed Certificate program now offered in an online only interactive format.
What You’ll Learn
- Do’s and don’t’s when drafting employment agreements
- Checking references: what you can and cannot do
- Determining who is covered by the Employment Standards Act and navigating key issues
- Resolving Human Rights Code claims
- Addressing equity, diversity and inclusion obligations, with tips and tools for reducing discrimination complaints
- Occupational health and safety: the key provisions
- Practical strategies regarding the duty to accommodate
- Practical considerations when assessing the legitimacy of a refusal of unsafe work
- A comprehensive guide to conducting workplace investigations
- Terminating the employment relationship and minimizing your legal exposure
- What is included in an effective release
- The workplace in the social media age: confronting the challenges and risks