In Canada, the laws are designed to protect employees, and it is critical that employers understand their rights and obligations in order to avoid mis-steps, minimize the risk of claims, and maximize their rights.
The working relationship between employers and employees can be confusing, especially when the rules keep changing. Verbal and “handshake” agreements do little to protect the employer. Similarly, a badly drafted employment contract will do little to protect employers from significant obligations and liabilities.
Take a strategic approach to your HR practices during hiring and termination to make sure you minimize risks and complications.
In this online session, we’ll share:
- Best practices for hiring, and how to avoid pitfalls;
- The essential elements of drafting and implementing employment contracts;
- Strategic use of policies;
- Keys to minimizing risks of human rights claims; and
- Best practices for discipline, dismissal, and performance management.
This webcast is approved for 1 HRPA credit. You must attend the live session to be eligible.
Stuart and Shaun are presenting.