We know that you don’t have “employment law issues”; you have business decisions to make. And you need to make informed decisions. That’s where we come in.
- Are growing and need to hire more employees,
- Need to downsize or otherwise reduce your labour costs,
- Are faced with a wrongful dismissal claim,
- Are looking to reorganize your workforce and implement more remote work,
- Have a bad employee you need to get rid of,
- Have an employee complaining of bullying or harassment,
- Never took the time to put a proper set of policies and contracts in place,
- Were visited by a Ministry of Labour Inspector, or have been advised of a claim against you,
- Have an employee off on medical / disability leave and need to understand your rights and obligations,
- Just had an employee join your competition, and start pursuing your customers, or
- Have an employee that’s been on medical leave for years.
Whatever the issue, we will give you the advice you need. The employment relationship is one of the most important legal relationships that you will enter into. You want to be sure that you understand your rights and obligations.
We will explain how the law applies to your situation, discuss the options and strategies available to you, and assess the pros and cons of each. You can then take all of that into account, along with business and other factors, and decide what makes sense for your organization.
Rudner Law practices exclusively in the area of Employment Law (often called HR Law). We work with business owners, HR Professionals, in-house counsel, and anyone else tasked with looking after HR in the organization. Our clients include local startups, family businesses, national and multinational corporations, charities and not-for-profit organizations. They all have one thing in common: they have employees, and therefore need to understand employment laws.
In many cases, we have new employer clients come to us because they have never taken the time to develop an HR strategy, which is something we love to do.
We begin by getting to know you, your business, your goals and your concerns. When possible, we like to come to you and get a feel for your work environment.
Then we conduct an HR Checkup, reviewing the core legal documents such as contracts, policies and procedures and ensuring that they are legally effective and strategic. To learn more about our Strategic HR approach, click here.
Your Strategic Advisor
We are your business partner and your resource for issues that arise at all stages of the employment relationship. Hopefully you will not need us every day, but we will be there when you do.
We can be your sounding-board before decisions are made, and we can help you respond to issues as they arise. We will work with you to ensure that you understand the legal implications of any issue, as well as your rights and obligations, to minimize the risk of a claim. If, however, your company is faced with a lawsuit, human rights complaint, or other claim, Rudner Law will take the lead in preparing a strategy to respond. We will provide zealous representation before courts, tribunals, and mediators.
At every stage, we provide cost-effective, strategic guidance and representation.
We want to be your Trusted Advisor, your Chief HR Law Officer, your business partner. Let us be part of your team, so that we can look after your employment law issues, and you can focus on your business.