- This event has passed.
Advanced Human Resources Law for Senior HR Executives
October 14, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT$3,495
Stuart is the program Director of this certificate course. Brittany Taylor and Nadia Zaman are instructors in this session.
Designed for Human Resources leaders who wish to ratchet up their skills and knowledge to the next level.
Using an in-depth case study method under the guidance of leading legal and HR experts, you will delve deeply into the most challenging issues in workplace law — and be better positioned to implement or reinforce best HR strategies and practices reflecting the latest law.
What You’ll Learn
- Understanding in-depth the rationale for provisions relating to termination, bonuses, commissions, stock options, continuance of benefits, non-solicitation and non-competition clauses (failure to understand which can lead to costly litigation)
- Strategic approaches to the framing and drafting of workplace policies and procedures and employment contracts
- Effectively planning and managing performance and performance improvement plans
- What the law requires, and what represents proactive best practices, in strategies for accommodation
- Overcoming the challenges posed by workplace harassment and mental health issues in the workplace
- Termination: managing and limiting the risks
- Understanding the formal mediation and litigation processes which come into play if informal resolution does not succeed