- This event has passed.
The Osgoode Certificate in Advanced Human Resources Law for Senior HR Executives
November 3, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm EDT
Designed for Human Resources leaders who wish to ratchet up their skills and knowledge to the next level.
Using an in-depth case study method under the guidance of leading legal and HR experts, you will delve deeply into the most challenging issues in workplace law — and be better positioned to implement or reinforce best HR strategies and practices reflecting the latest law.
Natalie C. MacDonald, MacDonald & Associates
Stuart E. Rudner, Rudner Law
Brittany Taylor and Nadia Zaman are faculty members for this session.
What You’ll Learn
- Understanding in-depth the rationale for provisions relating to termination, bonuses, commissions, stock options, continuance of benefits, non-solicitation and non-competition clauses (failure to understand which can lead to costly litigation)
- Strategic approaches to the framing and drafting of workplace policies and procedures and employment contracts
- Effectively planning and managing performance and performance improvement plans
- What the law requires, and what represents proactive best practices, in strategies for accommodation
- Overcoming the challenges posed by workplace harassment and mental health issues in the workplace
- Termination: managing and limiting the risks
- Understanding the formal mediation and litigation processes which come into play if informal resolution does not succeed